1.Weekly warmed milk oil soaks- 10min (I do this every time I remove polish from nails)
2. Religious use of DIY hand and body oil on my hands (I make myself)
3. Wash hands thoroughly and immediately apply hand oil - water and open pores help soak in oils better and faster
4. ALWAYS, ALWAYS base coat and top coat to protect my natural nails
5. Occasional use of nail strengtheners (though I don't keep up with this as maybe I should)
hmm what else do I do? Oh yeah,
6. Push back cuticles every time I wash my hands- use cuticular remover when necessary
7. File my nails in only 1 direction (to reduce any ragged edged tips and keep nails smooth)
AND Polish, polish, polish!!!
Painting my nails, and photographing them, has really made me conscious of taking care of my hands and nails. I'm so glad my nail biting days are BEHINd me. :)
Hope this nail regiment provides some inside into how to take care of your own nails. PLEASE,please share your comment or thoughts. It means so much to me when I know people are actively reading my posts.
Have a grand day and don't forget to GlaZe!